Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A Ghost is For Sale at Best Buy for $11.99...

... but they do put their genre as "country" online, which is like calling Strom Thurmond a racist because, you know, enough time has passed, right? There's a good, if un-blown-away, review on Pitchfork. (How do you like that? First I talk about buying CDs at Best Buy, yet then I bust out the online indie-snob bible. I am the king of dichotomy! You cannot figure me out!)

There's also a story about Wilco putting out a book, with a 40-minute CD full of improvisations from the last two years in collaboration with a book. Which... I'm worried about. First of all, and most importantly, how does this affect the organization of my CDs? I mean, is the packaging going to make it difficult to keep the CD with my other Wilco CDs? Can I split the book and CD up, file each with their respective media? If I do that, will the whole concept of the book/CD be rendered null and void? This is what I worry about.

Also, it just sounds kind of fruity.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?