Thursday, June 24, 2004

I'm a wheel/ I will turn/ on you...

I was so excited for the new Wilco, I actually walked up the escalator at Tenleytown/AU. The long one, too, and these escalators are major league. I was so excited that after I bought it, I kept yelling "Tweedy!" on the train after every song. "Tweedy! Don't mind ridin' on the passenger side!" Good times. These are some things I think I think:


All in all, it's not Yankee Hotel. Yet. But it's an album that probably needs to be excavated, slowly. Things aren't going to sink in for a while. The guitar work, that change in "Spiders," those are shiny sparley ornaments... the real gettin's are underneath it all. And that's fine, because I don't have much else to do. It'll keep me off the streets, and I've got a whole summer to burn.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?