Tuesday, July 27, 2004

I had a friend, he was a big baseball player back in high school...

Continuing its tradition of reaching to the point of shoulder dislocation, ESPN.com's Page 3 is promising more articles about the "undeniable connection between sports and music." Sure, fine, whatever. I mean, you can make the connection between those two things and anything else; they're pretty big cultural touchstones. In the Kevin Bacon Game of life, they're like JFK and A Few Good Men. Myself, I think there's an undeniable connection between unchecked editorial control, too much money in the freelancing budget, and shitty content. But I'm not devoting a summer-long series to it. Anyway, here's their list of best and worst staudium songs, and a place to vote for your most and least favorite songs. My favorite? "Closer," by Nine Inch Nails (I like it when the Phillie Phanatic humps someone to it). Least favorite? That song they sing at the beginning, with the rocket's red glare? I mean, come on. Goddamn trite.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?