Wednesday, July 28, 2004

No retreat, baby, no surrender...

Kerry uses Springsteen's "No Surrender" for his entrance into Boston. Bravo.
"I just want to say Bruce Springsteen had it right. No retreat. No surrender," Kerry said after concluding a six-day cross-country trip to his hometown of Boston for the nomination and his nationally televised acceptance speech on Thursday.
Supposedly this is his campaign song, and this is old news, but it's news to me (I've heard otherwise that it's "I Won't Back Down" by Tom Petty. Who knows? I'm no journalist). Maybe Bush can use "Downbound Train."

Slate.com uses a Wilco reference in a Dispatch from Fallujah.

To get political for a second, Edwards' speech tonight was good, but it didn't light any fires. Sharpton's, the bit I saw, was great. How did Sharpton turn from ready-made punchline into true-blue cheerleader? Barack Obama's speech from last night, that was pretty fantastic.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?