Friday, August 20, 2004

Kevin heard it on the radio/ New form of word of mouth...

R.E.M. has announced the openers for their upcoming tour. Honestly, I know nothing about these guys. Not a lick. The closest I've come to their music is seeing a Charlie Mars CD and thinking "Isn't that the drummer from the Replacements (nope, Chris Mars). I saw R.E.M. finally, for the first time, in Hartford my freshman year of college. Radiohead opened and it was their last show on the tour; R.E.M. and their crew brought out a cake after their last song to thank them. I remember I hated Radiohead's first album and actually tried to show up late to miss them, but I was there for their set and it was amazing. The Bends had just come out, and I had to get it after seeing them; it's still one of my favorite albums. Wilco's opened up for them a few times, I know definitely during parts of the last tour. So who knows? These guys could be the shit.

In other news, Vote for Change tickets go on sale Saturday morning at 10 am. Presales are done, and even though I'm on the MoveOn.org email list and I've given them money, I wasn't good enough to be selected ("randomly") for the sale. But it's alright. I'm sure an R.E.M./Springsteen concert in Philly shouldn't sell out too quickly.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?