Thursday, August 26, 2004

On the funny pages

Ladies and gentleman, I present to you the devolving of Dennis the Menace cartoonist Hank Ketcham into a dirty old man, parts one and two. He's turning into the Benny Hill of the funny pages.

And while I'm on the subject of comics, and I meant to link to this a while ago, here's the least action-packed Spider-Man strip you'll ever see. (I can't make it link directly, so make sure to pull up the comic from Wednesday, August 11, 2004.) The guy can lift a dumptruck over his head, but he can't stay up late? Pussyman is more like it.

One last funny pages-related thing. I'm begging the crossword puzzle creators and editors of the world: stop using the clue "Start of a Dave Barry quip." Every damn week I feel like I'm trying to figure out this guy's wacky take on marriage or messy kids.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?