Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Too Tough To Die

The new Twilight Singers song, "Too Tough To Die," swings like a bear's nuts, and do you expect less from Dulli? Seriously, the song has that 4 a.m. tension and sexiness that Dulli trades in. It feels like the moments before a knife fight in a dark alley in L.A. (Full Disclosure: I have never been to L.A. I have never been close to a knife fight. But if I were going by personal experience, would it carry any water if I said this song felt like a drunken shoving match outside a Pizzeria Uno in Boston?) Just great... sounds like the Whigs, and as much as I like the Twilight Singers, I love the Whigs. One of the greatest live bands ever, hands down. There's something about covers that brings out the best in Dulli, like a great actor with a well-written part. This song makes me hot for the new album, hot in a dirty sort of way, but that's the way he wants it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?