Thursday, August 19, 2004

Woke up to the sound of pouring rain...

I downloaded "I Remember You" by Skid Row on iTunes recently; the song popped onto the radio about a week ago and man, I don't know what to say about it. I'm not a big fan of listening to a song purely out of irony or nostalgia; I hate '80s dancing, and now, '90s dancing (are we ever going to get to the point where the future is ironic? "Hey, remember that second Paris Hilton album?" Uh, no... "Ha ha ha! Brilliant!"). There are a few songs from my youth that I shouldn't like but I'm a sucker for. "Photograph," from Def Leppard: that chorus kills me, it's just so poppy and meaty. Aerosmith's "What It Takes", I still remember singing in 7th grade science class with a girl I was crushed out on, and I still think it's pretty beautiful. "I Remember You" reminds me of that moment in middle school dances when the slow song would come on, and I'd race around trying to find the girl to dance with. "Just friends," I'd say, but you know I was keeping that memory for the next few weeks. Anyway, I have no point. Just that as much as I hate Skid Row, and Sebastian Bach, and that whole thing where he wore the "AIDS Kills Fags Dead" shirt and tried to expain it away... despite all that, I love that goddamn song. I can't tell you why; I have no idea. But I've been listening to it like crazy.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?