Thursday, September 23, 2004

Springsteen for President

Rolling Stone gets it right and has a cover story on the Vote for Change tour. I guess their coverage of Paris Hilton's purse dog will have to wait two more weeks.

Great quote from Jeff Tweedy: "When people ask why this election is so close, I can't explain it. It's like trying to figure out how Billy Ray Cyrus sold 10 million records." I think his choice of artist says a lot about this election, actually.

And of course, Jadakiss: "I think Kerry's aiight. Everyone always ignores the hood, but I think he's a little bit more for the people than Bush."

There's also an interview with Springsteen. If you've read his editorial in the New York Times or seen the interview on "Nightline", there's not much new here. In fact, it seems he has a list of talking points. But regardless, I like hearing what he has to say, at least more than any other celebrity/musician. He has a cautious, thought-out way of speaking that makes what he's saying all the more persuasive. Or maybe I just have a man crush on him. (He is dreamy.)

A week and a day until Springsteen/R.E.M. in Philly...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?