Thursday, September 02, 2004

Two Dollar Shoes

There's a song on the Sub Pop website by Rosie Thomas, "Two Dollar Shoes". It reminds me of Gram Parsons for some reason, and I kept expecting a male voice to break in at some point. Maybe it's just the title, reminding me of "$1000 Wedding"; maybe it's the rambling rhythm and wistful country voice that makes me think of staring out bus windows while listening to a Walkman (come to think of it, did I ever actually do that?). Hell, maybe it's just late and it hits me in the right spot. It's a pretty little song. If you're a sucker for those female singer-songwriters that show up at TT the Bear's in Boston or Iota in Virginia, then you'll be down. That's just fair warning. If you're not a fan of that, you might still like this. Come on, it's free.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?