Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Going where nobody says hello, they don't talk to anybody they don't know...

Had I been in D.C. this weekend, I probably would have spent a fair amount of time stalking Springsteen and R.E.M., in town for the Vote for Change finale. But I wasn't here for the most part, and when I was, I was sleepy. The Washington Post gossip page has a rundown on the after-party, at fancy-pants Zaytinya. The big reveal that "(Don't Go Back to) Rockville" refers to Rockville, Maryland, although from my non-scientific research, I think a fair amount of people from Rockville and the area knew this. I know Mike Mills mentioned it was Maryland during, I'm pretty sure, a VH1 concert around the time Up was released, before launching into a solo, piano-driven version of the song.

I've had a little bit of experience in Rockville, and the best thing about it is that song. Though they do have a pretty kick-ass Dave & Buster's.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?