Sunday, October 17, 2004

It's her prerogative...

Poor Britney: Someone needs a break! If I were a believer in emoticons, I'd give her the biggest frowny-face I could.
"'My prerogative right now is to just chill and let all of the other overexposed blondes on the cover of Us Weekly be your entertainment,' she wrote. 'Good luck girls!' "

On one hand, I admire her willingness to break free from the young-teenage-superstar corporation that took advantage of her youth and now is using up girls like Hilary Duff, Lindsey Lohan, and the Simpson girls. On the other hand, a very cogent argument would be to shut the fuck up. It's not like you're shoveling shit and if you were, I doubt you'd be able to "just chill".

Shit Shoveler: "Yeah, boss, I'd really like to just chill and let the other shit shovellers on the cover of Shit Shovelers Weekly be the shit shovelers of the moment. I really want to recapture my youth."
Boss: "Number one, go fuck yourself. Number two, you're fired. Number three, that's not your shovel."
Shit Shoveler: "This did not go according to plan."

But I do have to tip my hat: she recorded a cover of "My Prerogative" and all of a sudden the word ends up in her press release. Foxy PR move or a sympton of the Word-A-Day-desk-calender disease? Word is, she's been overusing it in other situations:

"Hmm... Moons Over My Hammy or the Meat Lover's Skillet? My prerogative is for the skillet!"
"My prerogative is that you fire the maid, dying child or no dying child!"
"The gays shouldn't get married. The Bible doesn't give them that prerogativeness."
"It's my prerogative that we don't use the condoms tonight, Kevin."

No overexposed blonde will take your place in my heart, Bri... Oh, wait. One just did. Sorry, girlfriend.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?