Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Well they blew up the chicken man in Philly last night...

Springsteen is releasing his MTV Plugged set in November. This is actually the one Springsteen release I don't own (well, besides 18 Tracks, but I have that box set). I draw the line at the Plugged show. Yes, I have Lucky Town and Human Touch, but I can't even consider getting this. It's Shane Fontaine on guitar. This is L.A. Bruce at the worst. (L.A. Bruce fits in between the era/look of "I'm-not-going-to-get-angry-about-my-failing-marriage" Bruce of Tunnel of Love and his Ghost of Tom Joad look, which basically looked like "Man, I just got out of the state pen, and all I want to do is get my life back on track, be a good husband and be a good father to my kids. No, I ain't interested in one last score. I'm happy pulling a nine-to-five at the plant. Mr. Harrison is a good boss." Then of course Mr. Harrison lets him go over some total bullshit and he gets into some bad stuff, but he's doing it for his family, and it's not like society is giving him any breaks at all, you know? But that doesn't turn out well, and he's back in the clink, only for some longer sentence because of, you know, goddamn sentencing guidelines, plus he's got priors. Goddamn, that look brings a tear to my eye. That look is what happened to the narrator of "Atlantic City".)

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?