Tuesday, November 16, 2004

And it's you when I look in the mirror/ And it's you when I pick up the phone...

U2's How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is available to stream online at MTV.com.

So far? I mean, it's good, I've listened to three songs (including "Vertigo") and it's well done and everything. It just doesn't, to borrow a phrase I heard years ago, lift the skirt. It's like the last album: well-written, a bit emotional, but cold in too many places. Engineered. Achtung Baby moved me. The Joshua Tree moved me. The last album didn't. It felt like a wedding song: constructed to produce an emotion. It was an emoticon, the diagram of feeling. And so far...

Well, I'm up to the fourth track, "Love and Peace or Else", and this is doing it for me a bit more. We shall see...

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?