Friday, November 12, 2004

Don't you need to/ get back in the arms of a good friend?

The good news: If you have the cash, the time, and geographic proximity, Matthew Sweet is playing the 9:30 Club tomorrow. Something about Matthew Sweet makes me smile inside, like it's 1994 (the good parts, at least). The best part about this show? Velvet Crush is opening. I swear to God, I saw the same show 10 years ago at the Trocadero in Philly. Hand to God.

Of course, you will be missing Stephen Hawking's Funky Time Machine at the Black Cat.

The bad news: At the same venue, tonight's John Fogerty show is sold out. I know, so sad. Funny thing is, when he's not surrounded by Springsteen and R.E.M. I'm really not all that excited about him. But if you want to hear "Centerfield" played on a baseball-bat guitar, then I'm sure you can scrounge up some scalped tickets. For comedy value, nothing beats the bat guitar.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?