Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Everybody, everybody, everybody, everybody/ Everbody has to do something they don't want to do...

Pitchfork.com, predictably, says the SpongeBob soundtrack ain't that great. I guess it lacks the gravitas expected of a soundtrack about a spongeman who lives in a pineapple underwater. Where's the Sufjan Stevens song about sponges accepting Christ as their savior? Or America's latest dance-punk assembly-line band doing a song about having a dance party at election headquarters, complete with marimba breakdown? Goddamn it, I think we all demand... nay, deserve a little bit of lyrical weight when it comes to animated movies about sponges.

And I just want to go on record as saying I think the Wilco contribution is more than enjoyable. But it lacks any insight into Tweedy's drug addiction. And for that, I give it a frowny face.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?