Monday, November 15, 2004

Older brother/ Bit by a vampire/ For a year we caught his tears in a cup...

The Boston Globe has an article about The Arcade Fire. I think I might love this band. Granted, I've only heard two songs, both of which I downloaded for free, but they are tasty. This album is probably number two (hee hee! number two...!) on my must-get list (behind Martina Topley-Bird's Anything and followed close by Richard Buckner's Dents and Shells). "Neighborhood #2 (Laika)" is like a John Mellencamp fever dream. "Wake Up" is a swelling bit of revival; The Polyphonic Spree without the slight smell of bullshit (and hey, I like the Spree a lot). I downloaded them a while ago, and I've always liked the songs, but recently it's become like an addiction. I don't know if I love 'em, but I sure am crushed out.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?