Thursday, November 18, 2004

Reviewing the reviewers

I was reading the U2 review on RollingStone.com when I got to this part:
"As America staggers punch-drunk into another four-year moment we can't get out of, it would be a real pleasure if the political tunes had any depth. (How long? How long must we sing this song?)"
Knew it. Rob Sheffield. There's something about him where I know it's him, and it's usually a crappy line like that. He always self-destructs on his own cleverness. Oh, you know old U2 lyrics. Well, excelsior sir. Read any of his reviews and he does that. It gets annoying. Real fast. Isn't this why writers have editors?

I was actually thinking that I agreed with the review, but not with the opinion of All That You Can't Leave Behind. Sped up? Bigger guitars? Maybe I got a different album, but I think the album's kind of a slog, besides "Beautiful Day" and "Wild Honey".

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?