Saturday, February 12, 2005

Another list...

Another top however-many list! And this one is pretty well respected, the Village Voice's Pazz & Jop. One word: comprehensive. I got up to 570 and ran out of steam. I think my spoken word album, Hero, Hoagie, Sub, was in there somewhere, and I just gave that out as a Christmas present. I haven't even started to look at their singles list. The tally for me: 19 up to the point where I passed out. But I got 11 in the top 40, which is saying something, since I'm so poor I'm on the verge of selling blood (not my own, though: I hate needles). And yeah, there are some arguments. Is Around the Sun better than Mark Lanegan's Bubblegum, even by one (and even though both fell in the mid-100s)? And should you just stop the list when Taking Back Sunday makes the cut? And is Martina Topley-Bird's Anything only the 357th best album of the year?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?