Wednesday, February 02, 2005

I've been waiting a lifetime/ for this moment to come/ and I'm destined for anything at all...

CNN does Green Day, courtesy of sienna miller fan (I take requests). My feelings on Green Day: I got my first speeding ticket while listening to Dookie, so for years I had a kind of taste aversion to them. And a lot of their singles left me dry (what single was it that ripped off the opening to "Crazy Train"? I hated that song). But I've always thought Mike Dirnt was an amazing bassist. And recently? A lot of the stuff off of Warning is great. Pure pop goodness. And what I've heard of the new album, which is probably the first half, I like it. So hey, good for them and their veteran status. Anyone who wants to put out a concept album is alright in my book.

And while we're on the subject, I was in a bar last week and I heard a mash-up of "Boulevard of Broken Dreams" and "Wonderwall". Pretty great, but I guess it's old news.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?