Friday, April 08, 2005

Get Yer Ya-Yas Out

Unless there's time-travel technology I'm not aware of and these are the Rolling Stones of 1971, the news that the Stones are going to play Fenway is not as cool as Springsteen at the same venue. Hell, I don't even think it's as cool as Jimmy Buffet at Fenway (no, no, no... now I'm just putting the "r" in "retarded"). But they could prove me wrong. They could always break the giant inflatable cock out of storage. Now that would get those complaining, blue-blood Fenway neighbors to drop their monocles and cry "Oh my stars!" Because that's how they respond to shocking stimuli. I've seen studies.

But most likely? They'll tape it, put it on DVD, and sell it at Best Buy at inflated prices. Snore. It's only rock and roll and they like it because people keep paying exorbanent prices for shit like DVDs and babydoll t-shirts.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?