Sunday, April 17, 2005

I'm not listening when you say... goodbye...

If you're like me and you wonder "Hmm, what the new Ashton Kutcher movie, A Lot Like Love, has got to offer," I think a look at the soundtrack can give some insight. First three songs: Third Eye Blind's "Semi-Charmed Life", Smash Mouth's "Walking on the Sun", and the big one, Eagle-Eye Cherry's "Save Tonight". No, really. And the movie is coming out this year. And it's not staring Freddie Prinze Jr. (Although it looks like they borrowed the same generic-title-generating device that worked its magic on Freddie's movies.) I like "Semi-Charmed Life" as much as the next guy (and maybe more), but I think if the same amount of orginality went into cobbling together the soundtrack as writing the movie, you have to figure that script is going to be absolutely cracklin', 1998-style.

And I'm sorry, but Chicago? Fucking Chicago?

On a semi-related note (that note being "creative black holes"), anyone hear this Marc Broussard guy? I was wondering when the guy from Blueshammer would take it solo. Good luck to you, Marc, and I hope you never lose those Cotton Pickin' Blues.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?