Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I wish the world was flat like the old days...

Death Cab album is followed by tour. And so goes the circle of life, just like the Bible said. I announce this not for myself, but for others, for Death Cab for Cutie doesn't pick me up at the curb, if you know what I mean. Oh, you don't? Eat it.

Old news, but they're streaming "Soul Meets Body" on their website. It doesn't do anything for me, but it continues in the '80s-tinged direction set by the Cure-like "The New Year". Now that song I loved, although I can't hear it without thinking about my mom's running commentary when she saw the overwrought video a few months ago: "Oh, so sad! I'm dressed so pretty, but I am so sad. I need to look off into space, I'm just so sad."

I guess you had to be there.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?