Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Here's a house to put wolves at the door...

This is what we've been waiting for, right? All four original members of R.E.M. reuniting. It was only for a wedding, but still, I take the sunshine where I can get it. The only way it could be better is if Scott Litt worked the soundboard. When they make the R.E.M. movie, this has to be the last scene. Forget the inevitable three more mediocre albums; the slow, inglorious fade; the one-paragraph news brief of their break up in Rolling Stone (and naval-gazing, jokey write-up on Pitchfork). The camera slowly rolls out as people put down their drinks, gather round, and the first chords of "Standing Still" are struck. I smell Oscar.

And a wedding reception in a bowling alley? It's like someone's plagarized my wedding diary. If they had a make-your-own-taco bar, I'm bringing suit.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?