Sunday, October 30, 2005

You know you have a permanent piece/ of my medium-sized American heart...

1. The National Alligator: This is some really good stuff. I already knew I liked "All the Wine", and noting can approach that high, but some come close, like "Mr. October" or "Friend of Mine". I hear mostly American Music Club, but I get hints of Afghan Whigs and R.E.M. It's not the most even album, and gets a little chilly at times, but it's habit-forming, like cherry Coke, sudoku, or auto-erotic asphyxiation.

2. Joanna Newsom The Milk-Eyed Mender: I like this album. But why do I get the feeling that after liking this album, the next step for me is to become not just a regular NPR listener, but a regular donor during pledge drives? Look for me around town: I'll be using my tote bag to bring home the many precious treasures I found at the used-book store.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?