Thursday, November 10, 2005

We got one last chance to make it real/ to trade in these wings for some wheels...

Sony/Columbia/whoever is going absolutely balls out for this new Born to Run box set. On November 14, movie theaters literally across the country are going to show selections from the documentary and concert film included in the reissue. For the locals, the closest theater to D.C. is at Ballston Common. Goddamn Virginia. At least they elected a democrat governor. Also - and this is old news but I'm no Matt Drudge - Amazon.com has a clip from the concert DVD.

As if all that wasn't enough, there's a Born to Run 30th Anniversary Podcast, which I'm sure would interest the hell out of me if I wasn't so frightened about this "Podcast" phenomenon. I can't explain it, I just don't support it. It might have something to do with my inate laziness, but I'm in no mood for soul-searching right now.

In addition to all that, XM is starting an all-Springsteen channel that's going to run through the new year. I know, I know: this is old news, but I was saving all this stuff so I could hit you with the full weight of this Springsteen coverage. You wouldn't attack someone with a sockful of nickels if the sock was only half full, right? This is pretty much the same thing.

In not-so-old news, I think I gave myself tennis elbow from lifting those King Kong beers at Recessions last night. I don't know if this speaks of the absolute enormity of the beers or the pitiful shape I'm in. I'm sure if we graphed it out, it would land somewhere quare in the middle. Either which way, those beers were firearms. Hell of a deal.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?