Thursday, December 01, 2005

They don't love you like I love you...

Now this is more like it: a new Yeah Yeah Yeahs album. If only I could slip into a coma and wake up closer to the release date, so I wouldn't have to deal with the bullshit in between.

But the big slip in the article is word of a Karen O. solo album. I only hope this comes out around the same time as the Paris Hilton album and starts an all-out war. And to the winner goes our hearts. For some reason I think the symmetry of this is natural and it may have been prophesized. I think I read it in the Bible, towards the end. Or it maybe it was "Entertainment Weekly".

On a totally unrelated note, I think I'm over The Veronicas. So sad. Totally gorging yourself on manufactured power-pop is no way to live, and has shown to cause cancer in rats. I listened to those three songs on such a constant rotation that I feel like I just left a competitive eating contest or an isolation chamber: I'm squinting at the sun, my chest hurts, my head feel shrunk, I'm not sure what time it is. I think I may have permanent vertigo. But if anything, this just goes to show what a towering achievement "Since U Been Gone" is, because I'm still listening to that song and can't get enough. That song was passed down from on high, it was, and we are all better for it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?