Monday, November 12, 2007

"'Clown College?" You can't eat that!"

It's been a productive weekend. Not only did I find the perfect wine to go with a candy apple, but I got Season 6 of the Simpsons for $15. Thank you, Target! But the bitter to that sweetness was showing up late for the Pipettes in-store at Sound Garden. By a day. I blame it on daylight savings. Damn you Benjamin Franklin, you one-trick pony.

Also... Thanks to Bitchfork (zing!) I spent a sweet little part of today listening to Okkervil River's Daytrotter sessions. Some great covers, including one from Papa John Phillips. Is this from the mythic unreleased Phillips album, the one that is continually being threatened to be released, and may actually have been? I'm too lazy to find out, but I remember being semi-obsessed with it when I had fewer hobbies.

(There's a story about Mick Jagger locking Phillips out of his own house so that Mick could "make the beast with two backs" with Mackenzie Phillips. So yeah... I just wanted to throw that out there.)

On a totally unrelated note, I picked up the Georgie James album, seeing as how I couldn't stop listening to their songs on Hype Machine. I can't say it's anything that's going to cure cancer(or as great as this candy apple I'm eating), but right now, on a few listens, I'd say it's one of the better albums this year. Honestly, I haven't found anything on it I like more than the songs on their MySpace page, but it's solid from start to finish. Like cookie jars, a solid B.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?