Friday, December 14, 2007

Angel, consider your position.

I'm drinking Goldschlager and ciders while watching "What Not to Wear," so take what I have to say with a grain of salt. Also: I found the strength to change my pants, but not take off my tie. It's one of those nights. Watch out, Baltimore.

Three things:
1. Via Drew, check out this cello tribute to Jawbox. One of my top five bands*, this album benefits the Robbins and their son Cal. So: good cause. "Iodine" is chillingly beautiful. Plus, the Robbins are my Smalltimore neighbors, so...
2. Speaking of bands that didn't get their due: Rocket from the Crypt. "This Bad Check Is Gonna Stick" popped on the iPod on my walk home, and it was pretty firearms. In fact, as a chronic shuffle fast-forwarder, there's rarely a time when I'll skip an RFTC. Pity Yr Paws, indeed.
3. Also, turns out Okkervil River has a free mixtape album. I don't think a band makes me happier at this minute than OR. The Stage Names and I are BFF.

P.S. My buddy Brian saw Jimmy Fallon talking to Donald Trump at a Neil Young show, and I know he wants me to say it, so I will: Only in New York...

*The top five:
1. R.E.M.
2. Springsteen
3. Rolling Stones
4. Superchunk
5. Jawbox

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?