Monday, January 12, 2009

All the boys loved you, but I was a mess. I had to watch them try and get you undressed...

I realized today that there are few lines that crush me more than "you can even bring your baby" in Pulp's "Disco 2000". I really can't put my finger on it, but walking around today it popped on, and I realized how much it kills me, and it always has. Also, I was looking for the shoe department in Macy's at the time, which is soul-crushing on its own level.

But I found the direct opposite of soul crushing when searching for "Disco 2000" on Hype Machine: Nick Cave covering said song. I'm trying to think of something that I've seen or experienced recently that would top this, and I got nothing. I might have to go back to November 2007 when I got Fudgie the Whale for my birthday to even come close.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?